Header Ads Widget

Responsive Advertisement

Lady Living On Street Speaks Fluent English, Says She Hasn’t Bathed For 1yr

Lady who hears strange voices cries out

By Our Reporter 

A young homeless lady, Mary, from Ogun state, Nigeria, has shared the extreme hardships she faces daily.

Speaking fluently in English, Mary expressed her distressing reality, including the fact that she hadn't bathed in a year.

In her words: "I don't know the people that talk to me, I just hear strange voices. I have not taken my bath for one year now. I didn't finish secondary school, I stopped at JSS3. I have issues with accommodation, I sleep under the flower."

The plight of Mary caught the attention of a compassionate TikTok user, @ikpabiawase, who shared the video.

He used his platform to call upon philanthropists and kind-hearted individuals to assist Mary in her time of need.

The urgent appeal for support aims to provide Mary with access to basic necessities, safe accommodation, and the opportunity to continue her education.

Watch the video below:



Back at home, a team of wellwishers from Garissa county rescued a Form One student whose parents wanted to marry her off and helped her report to school to continue her studies.

The girl had run away from their home in Tana River county and sought refuge at her cousin's house in Nakuru county, who then asked Saadia Ogle to help her go back to school. 

Speaking to TUKO.co.ke, Saadia said the cousin, Jaza Kallah, approached her, saying the girl was to be married off to an old man, yet she had just completed primary school.

According to the young girl's cousin, her parents are poor and could not afford her high school fees; hence, they decided to marry her off, but she ran away.

Post a Comment

0 Comments